We receive information about you from various sources, including:
- if you visit our site and register for our services
- your use of our services in general
- from third party websites and services
If you are located in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
What information do we collect from you?
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
Information We Collect From You Directly
We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
Account Information: We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. Archived projects are stored for 30 days from when they are archived, after which they are automatically deleted. In some cases we may retain your account information, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation.
User Content: Some features of the Services allow users to provide content such as images and written comments. Such content is retained in your account for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services.
Information We Receive From Third Party Sources: Some third parties, such as our business partners and service providers, (including, but not limited to those who provide services related to customer messaging, surveying, advertising, marketing, social media, and analytics), provide us with Personal Data about you, such as the following:
- Platform activity data
- Survey responses
- Account information for third party services
- Information from our advertising partners
- Name and email address from participation in our referral and promotional codes programs
Information We Automatically Collect When You Use Our Services: Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use the Services, such as the following:
IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically: We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, including your IP address, device ID, and cookie information. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate the collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g., what links you have clicked on).
Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as which parts of the Site you use and the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. We may use this data in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them.
Email Communications: We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service.
Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways.
- Essential Cookies: Essential cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Services. Disabling these cookies will make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies: Functional cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Performance/Analytical Cookies: Performance/analytical cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Services such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to the website, what pages visitors view on our website and how long visitors are viewing pages on the website. Performance/analytical cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our campaigns and the Service’s content for those who engage with our advertising.
- Retargeting/Advertising Cookies: Retargeting/advertising cookies collect data about your online activity and identify your interests so that we can provide advertising that we believe is relevant to you.
Analytics Data: We collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Services.
Aggregate Information: We collect statistical information about how both unregistered and registered users, collectively, use the Services (“Aggregate Information”). Some of this information is derived from Personal Data. While Aggregate Information is not Personal Data, it may be tied back to you, your Account or your web browser.
How do we use your information?
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Operate, maintain and provide our features and services on the Services;
- Respond to user inquiries;
- Provide support and assistance for the Services;
- Personalize content and communications based on your preferences;
- Maintain interoperability with third party services;
- Conduct online behavioral advertising;
- Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site;
- Comply with our legal or contractual obligations;
- Provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Services;
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions;
- Serve relevant advertisements;
- Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Services;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Complete corporate transactions such as mergers and acquisitions; and
- Enforce our Terms of Service.
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests”, as further described below.
Contractual Necessity: We may process some Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity”, meaning that we need to process the data to perform under our Terms of Service with you, which enables us to provide you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
Legitimate Interest: We may process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties. Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products and services
- Marketing of our products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning and your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when you place an order, enter, submit, or access your information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through our gateway provider Stripe who are a PCI Service Provider Level 1, with no transaction information being stored or processed on our servers.
For more information on how we protect your information, please refer to our Security Information page.
How long do we retain your personal data?
How long we keep the information we collect about you depends on the type of information.
After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
Account information: We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation..
Marketing information: If you have chosen to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our products, such as when you last opened an email from us or signed in to your Userback account.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We may also release your information as required to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
If you are located in the EU, the United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, and use or access the Services, you may have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email email@example.com. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by logging into your account.
Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Userback.io’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We value your privacy and have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We, therefore, will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their account and going to the ‘Edit Profile’ page.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
In accordance with the Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to us. If we learn that a child under 13 submits personal information the Services we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each marketing-related email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com. Further you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email, and we will promptly remove you from email correspondence.
How to contact us
We’re always keen to hear from you.
If you’re curious about what personal data we hold about you or you have a question or feedback for us on this notice, our websites or services, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.